So now I know why this foster thing is going so slow (our rep has been in Kansas City at the children's hospital there with her daughter since we started this process).
We received a couple e-mails from a birth mother this past week via our profile on www.itsaboutlove.org. She is trying to decide between us & 2 other couples. Our profile was also shown to someone else here locally but have not heard anything from that.
Heavenly Father only knows what's in store for us & where our child is & how it will come to us. I guess we are suppose to hold on the foster thing for now. Maybe that's something we can explore later or it was just something to keep me busy or vs/vs.
Adopted children are so special, nothing to feel sorry about. Being adopted is something to be proud of. I hope they all know that!
3 comments:
Chris, what does "open adoption" mean? Love you guys! Hang in there!
"Open Adoption" is a very broad term.
It can mean anything from sending 1 picture to Sunday Dinners.
Most birth parents want picture updates as the child grows.
This particular birth-mom lives a few states away so I doubt she wants Sunday Dinners.
I don't know what kind of "open adoption" she wants but there is time to figure that out. She is still deciding on which family to place her unborn child with.
Any child would be so blessed to have you two as parents! Good Luck.
Post a Comment