After decades of suffering from a severe deviated septum and a mega-sized turbine, I finally decided to bite the bullet and have the surgery. Dr Kirkham did an amazing job. Admittedly I was completely sceptical when he told me I would not have any black eyes afterward. I was shocked when I looked in the mirror afterward. I don't think the anesthesiologist and surgeon took me seriously when I told them how sick anesthesia and pain meds make me. Lets just say they were a bit surprised. All Brant said when he came to see me was "Is she dead. Is she dead". Yes he said it twice. My lips were white and my face had no color; it scared him just a tad. He told me later that it looked like I had been dead for two days.
No worries :) I am very much alive and yes I CAN BREATHE with my mouth closed!!!!!!
No worries :) I am very much alive and yes I CAN BREATHE with my mouth closed!!!!!!
My sweet husband took a picture of me before going under the knife. What a lovely picture!
Here I am the day after surgery. No makeup with the same old dark circles. No black eyes. I feel relatively good for just having surgery. I kind of went a little over kill with moving around today and will be taking it easy the rest of the day :)

9 comments:
so glad that you are feeling better, we love you!
That's so sad that Brant thought you were dead. I hope he didn't get too shaken up.
I guess I should have clarified. He was only 2% serious when he thought I was dead :) I was just sick from the drugs so all my color was gone.
You look beautiful, Chris, even with a cap on your head!! So glad you can breath normally now! Love ya!
I hope you'll take time to smell the roses along your path now! (not that you didn't before)
So glad that the surgery went well! I hope you have a very quick recovery!
You look great before and after;) Glad to hear it all went so well.
Sounds like it went well! Hurray!
Yay! Mark needs that surgery, too I'm pretty sure. Glad it's already made a difference!
PS. When I went under for my wisdom teeth surgery, the meds made me puke, too. No fun!!
Post a Comment