I love driving down a particular street in our town. There is such a charm about it. The homes vary in age, size, shape and landscaping. The only thing alike are the acre+ lots. Driving down this short, but oh so sweet, road calms & soothes my soul.
This weekend we found ourselves taking this route & witnessed something even more special. One of the older homes had a homemade yard sign that read "Happy 96th Birthday!" That's definitely not something you see everyday. I wanted to stop the car, run to the door & wish this sweet man a Happy Birthday. He usually sits on his front porch waving to all the cars that drive by. His chair has been empty for months so I didn't want to be the cause of a fall by making him answer the door for a stranger. Part of me still wishes I took time out of my busy schedule to stop the car.
3 comments:
I am glad that you are feeling better or at least it sounds like you are! :)
So sweet!!!! I hope I'm out waving to cars at 96 years old, too. We have a couple older folks on our street like that, too. :)
You are so good about noting the special things around you that others might miss. I could picture you going to the door, hugging a stranger, and making a special day even more special. :)
Post a Comment