Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I can sew, I can sew!!!

Spring is in the air, accompanied by tons of sun shine.
I love spring, it gave me the urge to dust off my sewing machine & put it to work. Who knows why, I'm no seamstress & can barely sew a straight line! All I needed was inspiration ...
I've been invited to several baby showers, most registered for nursing covers. Wallah! inspiration.
They looked fairly simple & used lots of straight lines, right up my alley!
After perusing several blogs I found out nursing covers are not as simple as I thought but I wanted to try anyway. I'm really glad I did because I had fun & didn't make too many mistakes!
This is the final project. I used thick decorator's fabric so that it would hang well.
Yes, that's an 11" fleece pocket in the corner. I know I'm awesome :)
It can be used as a pocket or to wipe off the baby's mouth.
Excuse me while I log off now. I need to pat myself on the back -he hee

10 comments:

Debi said...

You are so DOMESTIC!!! :) I'm proud of you.

Amanda said...

Very impressed! I'd say you can sew VERY WELL! I hate to say anything...just my opinion after using a nursing cover. I like mine with a very thin light cotton fabric. Very breathable. The baby gets hot under there and so do you. There is very little air actually flowing under there. But again...that's just me....maybe someone not nursing during summer months would have a totally different opinion! I just had to throw it out there before you made more;)

Chris said...

Wow, Thanks Amanda! I read decorator fabric is best but that's probably by someone, like me, who has never nursed :)

joni said...

It's beautiful Chris and looks just like the one at - the "Baby Store"
Great Job!
Mom

The Mursets said...

It turned out really nice! Way to go! I too liked using a lighter fabric in my nursing cover(I made some from a few different fabrics), so the baby and I weren't so sweaty afterwards...but everyone is different!

Verity said...

Nice job!

momsheen said...

Way to sew, Chris!! I can't wait to see what your next project with sewing might be!

Gpa Sheen said...

Way to go!

The Yoder's Five said...

That turned out AWESOME!!!!! Nice job!

Kristie said...

Great job!! I am impressed!!! Way to go. I think that it is so fun to see your own work when it is all done!! :) You deserve that pat on the back. :)