Friday, January 30, 2009

Saved Some $$$ and ...

Saved some $$$:
I stopped by Kroger on the way home to get some fruit & what did I find??? A HUGE sale. I filled my cart up with great healthy snacks etc for NOTHING. I loaded up my cart & didn't even think about the fact that I just had surgery. Believe me I felt it when I unloaded it all @ checkout. I took them up on having someone help me out to the car for the 1st time.

Here's the "and" ...
My new work was totally understanding on letting me start several days later to recover. I am working for the largest private home care provider in Texas. They are wonderful Christian people.
My surgery was a few different diagnostic procedures via laparoscopy etc. Our fertility specialist rocks. We were inspired to go see her & am glad I finally made the plunge. They had to be a little rough with me during the procedure so it took me a bit longer to recover. I am 95% healed!!!!
One major problem area was cleared/cleaned out. Thought that would fix our long extended infertility issue. No, she didn't think that was it. I suffer from chronic tight muscles/organs so she wants me to try physical therapy, massage therapy & acupuncture along with everything else we've been doing. I've never done acupuncture. She's not the only one that has said something to me about it so I feel like I need to do it. My problem is that I don't take enough time for me. That's why I stopped getting massages years ago. Maybe now that I wrote the world about it I'll find an acupuncturist around work & take that next step. I could do that on my lunch break :) We bought a Wii console & fit for a killer deal with Circuit City going out of business. Sweet & Sour I tell ya. Hopefully the yoga will help me. If not Brant will enjoy all the games!

10 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Chris, Good luck with all the fertility stuff. I'll keep you in my prayers.
DeeAnn

The Mursets said...

We REALLY hope the treatments work! We got our bedroom stuff at Anna's Linens. They have the best deals!

The Yoder's Five said...

Glad you're 95% recovered! Good luck with the other aspects of your treatments. I would be ecstatic if a doctor told me I needed to get regular massages! Insurance may even cover them in your case. I'm not so jealous about the acupuncture recommendation, though. Yeesh. Let us know how THAT goes (although I do think highly of the treatments).

Kristie said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and are so much more recovered!! Good luck with all your treatments. I always love getting a great deal at the store!!!

Amanda said...

I am glad you are finally recovering and that your job has been so nice about it:) I will say a prayer for you. I can't imagine all that you have been through with the fertility issues. When you finally welcome a child to your family (one way or another) that child will be so lucky to have parents who wanted them so very much!

momsheen said...

Wow, Chris! You know you and Brant are always in our prayers. Great blessings are in store for you both. I'd also like to hear how the acupuncture goes. :)

Natalie said...

I'm SOOOO glad to hear the surgery went okay! Even though it's such little incisions it still hurts like CRAZY!!! Oh, and the gas pains in your shoulders afterwords...yuck!!! I hope you fully recover soon! Love you!!! We're praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for sales! Chris, I've been there with the fertility issue, though you've had a longer, tougher road with it than I did. I'm glad that you were able to find a good doctor. Take time for you, girlie. You deserve it. I love you.

Jessica G. said...

Glad you found a fertility specialist you like (I'd recommend ours but he's currently in jail). And don't let the Wii Fit smack you around.

Sarah W said...

Wow! That's crazy! I'm glad you're feeling better. Having a dr you trust makes such a world of difference, doesn't it? I feel for you on the fertility issues. You will make great parents one day! Keep up the faith, the Lord loves you. Keep posting on the updates. And don't worry about the acupuncture! You'll love it!