Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eebe Jeebes

Last night Brant turned on the shower to clean up from mowing the lawn. Aghhhhhh .... all of a sudden swarms of bugs came out of the tile work above. I guess they were trying to get a peep show or something. He ran upstairs to take a shower & I grabbed a snack bag & trapped a couple. Off to Home Depot we went. (Sorry Rick, if you read this. It's right around the corner)
We & the worker thought they were ants so we bought what we needed & sprayed around the top of the shower killing them instantly. Brant also sprayed around the base of the house. The stuff they recommended apparently is safe after it dries. I guess it's not as bad as some other chemicals that are hazardous dry or wet.
I guess me not wanting loads of chemicals in the house to toxify our water supply, harm our bodies or our dog didn't help. We've never had any major bug problems before. I like to keep a few spiders around to help naturally kill off unwelcome visitors.
Eebe Jeebes!!!

6 comments:

bedelia said...

hey, we just barely used the same kind of stuff. I've been so worried to use any chemicals cause of the kids. I haven't seen an ant for 2 days...so hopefully it works for you too.

Amanda said...

Be glad they were not termites....They swarm also and love to come up through the plumbing!

Verity said...

Whew, that would have freaked me out! Hope they're all cleared out now! ;)

Project Maniac said...

How exciting! I always jump when something like that happens. We have to spray around the base of the house at least two times during the summer. I find dead cockroaches on the floor everywhere at least once a day. It's kind of gross. At least they are dead and not crawling up my foot!

Alicia said...

Aren't you glad it wasn't you taking the shower in your glory when the swarm decided to greet the room.

Natalie said...

eeeeeeek! We've got fire ants coming into our house because it's been so rainy the past few days. I'll have to try some of that stuff.