After looking at our blog stats, I became concerned. It shows we have viewers from India, Netherlands, Greece, Russia and Latvia. Don't get me wrong I love those places but we are not world travelers & do not know of anyone visiting/living in theses countries. Or do we :)
Anyway we want this blog to be available to as many family and friends that want to read about our lives. That being said B and I may be going private.
What do you think? Am I just being too paranoid or should we really protect ourselves by going private?

7 comments:
Possibly creepy. Have you looked at the "search keywords?" Its under the traffic sources. Maybe its just some random search people are making that you are popping up on. Are they consistently viewing or was it just recently? I think private is great. Good luck.
I disabled searches so it's blank. It's a recent thing with 10 views from India today. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!!!!
Guess it just depends on how comfortable you are with random people knowing about your life.
I always say too much about where I live and whatever and was creeped out about people I don't know possibly saving pictures. But that's just me.
Love you!
Meh....I don't have strong feelings either way. I'm not sure that there's anything on your blog that could come back to haunt you, but maybe so!
When you set up the blog in the first place there was something that gave permission for others to randomly see your blog. There were different levels of privacy (I remember this from when Steven set up my blog). When you click at the top of your blog where it says "next blog" it automatically takes you to someone elses blog. It is a random thing...you never get the same one twice. Probably what is happening is that you did not say no to that level...so anyone can click and look at your blog. I said no to that part and do not have a lot of traffic on my blog except from places I know I have family and friends. Before you go private, try to check that out. I sometimes I like to look at the random "next blog" blogs and I am not a stalker. It is just interesting. There are a LOT of members of the church that have blogs and it is interesting to see their blogs on the "next blog." More than likely it is just a curious person clicking on "next blog." :) Besides that, you are a good example for others to see. :) But if you don't like it, just figure out how to make it a little less public without actually going private. If you do go private...put me on the list. :)
I guess that I don't worry about it too much. I have blocked the search engines from searching my blog and I set my setting not to do the "next blog" thing like my mom said. Besides that, I just make sure that I don't really mention schools or street names or other such things or things that I don't want others to know. More than likely it isn't anything big. I think that public is fine, but that is just me. If you do go private, I want an invite too!!! :)
I am a random person, doing my Saturday morning blog flicking with a nice cuppa' tea. This could be by chance or by design of course!
I have read a couple of your blogs this morning and feel inspired to hit the gym today (not sure what with though!)..anyway, I enjoyed the read and now I am moving on...
I thought the point of blogging was for exactly that and to share your thoughts and experiences?
So, If you had been 'Private', I would not have been inspired????
Post a Comment