Saturday, December 18, 2010

What does ZERO car debt look like at our house?

Like This!!!!

2004 Buick LeSabre (big dent, grandpa car with 97k miles). Paid $3,500.00 CASH!
2000 Ford Ranger (we've had this for almost a year with 165k miles). Paid $2,500.00 CASH!

The Buick is actually pretty cool for a Grandpa car. You'll probably be able to see the "little" fender-bender on the drivers side.

The motor appears to be pretty clean and runs good. I may need to have the transmission looked at.

This thing has leather, heated seats, dual automatic climate control (which you can control from the steering wheel), power driver and passenger seats, the auto-tint rear view mirror and both the driver and passengers windows roll down automatically with a touch of a button. Also, the people in the back seat have their own air conditioning vents.  We already put new tires on it and I spent the morning replacing the rear disc breaks that were squealing all the way home yesterday.

I was trying to figure out which position I should put the chair since this is technically an old grandpa car.  After analyzing how it felt to drive like a grandpa, gangster style, or regular, I chose to set the seat to a regular driving position.


4 comments:

Jordy said...

Those pictures are pretty funny!

The Yoder's Five said...

Looks just like Grandpa Wally's! I drove that thing a lot and those are smooooth riding. And there's lots of room and the trunk is huge.

Verity said...

This post had me crying--seeing Brant in that sweet ride of a grandpa car was so funny and cool! So happy for you guys, too! We got back to Cali last night, and the first thing we did was open your gifts. Can't wait to fix up a dinner, dessert, and play that new game! LOVE YA!

Natalie said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Oh my gosh, those pictures are hilarious!!!