Sunday, December 20, 2009

This is what happens when you work with the youth

Brant was not happy. His parents were visiting from out of town & helped clean it up before heading out to UNT for Lydia's graduation.
This was bound to happen with both of us in there. I think it's funny. Brant does not, which I respect.
So what do you think about teepeeing; vandalism or just plain fun?

11 comments:

bedelia said...

I went TPing with my friends once. It was the summer after my freshman year in college. I was absolutely terrified. I literally stood on the corner of the yard with a roll in my hand and wouldn't participate in further. I don't like. One time my brother tped our own yard with his friends. i had to clean it up I was so irritated.

bedelia said...

any further not in further.

Amanda said...

I did it all the time w/ friends but not to leaders houses (that I can remember...) We did each others and our parents made us clean it up. I would not want my house done.

Jordy said...

For kids, just plain fun. For adults, just plain wrong.

DeeAnn said...

I just think of all the fun the kids had while doing it and try not to grumble too much while cleaning it up. I'd rather they do that than something really destructive. I admit, I tp'd a teacher's house once and it was grand fun.

Project Maniac said...

I've never been. Kevin has I believe. Anyway, it probably is fun for the kids, and DeeAnn has a point about it being better than other things, but I would not want to clean it up. I think Kevin mentioned once that you should just burn it and then it would go faster, but then the trees would catch on fire. Probably not a good idea. But there are other pranks that you could do that don't require so much clean up and are nicer.

emblair said...

When I was growing up we'd only TP the people we liked...so yay, someone thinks you're cool! I guess I can see Brant's frustration though. I'd say for leaders stick to chalking instead. That way you can still show the love, but clean up is as simple as taking a hose to the driveway.

Jessica G. said...

I think it's Karma...if I remember correctly, a certain cute brunette accompanied me on a tp'ing excursion...

And Q has his own story - got a black eye from playing touch football with the Scouts!

Chris said...

Yes, I have fond memories decorating a few homes with you Jess. That's why I personally can't get mad it's payback :)

Gpa Sheen said...

I love the forks in the lawn - it always cracks me up!

Verity said...

I can't remember how many times I tp'ed people, but it was a total blast and we did it to cool youth leaders we liked. And I didn't mind cleaning it up too much either. BUT, in our neighborhood a couple weeks ago, a family down the street was tp'ed and it RAINED (in Ridgecrest, strange I know!), and I felt so terrible for them!