Sunday, November 11, 2007

Adventures in Brantland

I spent two days in Cleveland, OH early in the week at an environmental conference then when I returned I participating in a "management retreat". All managers at my place of work (Sherwin-Williams) attended a high adventure team building course. For the first part of the day we worked at a team to solve problems and in the afternoon we worked on challenging ourselves. I have to say that this was the most fun I have ever had on the clock. Here are a few pictures of the events.I'm the sexy one in the middle.
We were supposed to stand on this little platform and at the same time jump and grab the bar. My partner, Jay, was slightly leaning forward (which the instructors said would be helpful). When we jumped he reached the bar before me and it naturally moved forward and I was unable to grab it. This was one of the scariest experiences in my life. I knew that they had me by the ropes, but I free fell for a second or two trying to grab anything to stop my fall.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. That's looks scary man - I can't believe someone had the camera ready to take a picture of that. I'm glad you survived - It wouldn't have been a very fun Thanksgiving otherwise! :)

Verity said...

Crazy! I think you've bested Dad and his "work meetings" out on the golf course. :)

bedelia said...

That is awesome. Now when you come visit UT, I can take ya'll rockclimbing.

Call Me Grizzly said...

EXTREME!!!!!

Jordy said...

Dude, that looks awesome. The funnest thing I've ever done on the clock is watch Mission Impossible 3 in a conference room.

Kevin M. said...

You guys live on the edge. Good think you missed when you threw yourself at the ground. It would be hard to eat yams with marshmallows when you're in traction.

Tomasito y Lydia Lemon said...

This is actually an all-around hilarious story. I never thought that I would know somebody who actually went on an adventure team building exercise. Now that I do know someone, I would love to go! Before I thought it was silly and for a certain kind of person. Now I have brushed my simpleness beside and full on accept this occurence! ROCK. ON.