So we decided, with little discussion needed, that our 1st child will come into our home through a foster to adopt program. We are absolutely thrilled!!!
Our journey...
October 19, 2006 we began the process to adopt. Our Home study was done in a snap, the paperwork on the other hand took it's sweet little time ...
Finally in February 2007 we were an approved adoptive couple. Yeah! ...
....
.....
.......
...........
September 18-20, 2007
I have had this feeling for a while that we should explore options through the state for adopting. I was extremely nervous about it. The agency we've worked with is through our church (LDS social services & itsaboutlove.org) is very safe & relatively inexpensive for adoptions. Any other agency we'd easily pay $20k.
I finally came to terms with what the Lord was prompting me to do. I acted on blind faith & researched state adoptions. Well, I found out that there is really not a traditional adoption program through the state without Fostering.
Fostering .... I said to myself ... huh, I never really thought about that. There are no fees associated with fostering to adopt. Before fostering always seemed scary but for some reason I was feeling very comfortable about it. A bizarre peace of mind came over me. Even though I had little knowledge about the program I felt like I was a seasoned foster mother. This decision seemed so natural & easy. Too easy ...
After I brought it up to Brant he mentioned that a former coworker had fostered & adopted infant twins. There were several leads to contact regarding fostering but felt drawn to this couple Brant knew about. We looked up there number & called them.
Wow ... what a source of information & love. I spoke with her for a little over an hour last night. I feel like we have known each other for years!
I called the agency they worked with this morning & left a message. Hopefully we can get this ball rolling quickly. I want to be a momma.
Thank you for all of your thoughts & prayers in our behalf. If it wasn't for those I seriously doubt we would be able to explore this option.
Our journey...
October 19, 2006 we began the process to adopt. Our Home study was done in a snap, the paperwork on the other hand took it's sweet little time ...
Finally in February 2007 we were an approved adoptive couple. Yeah! ...
....
.....
.......
...........
September 18-20, 2007
I have had this feeling for a while that we should explore options through the state for adopting. I was extremely nervous about it. The agency we've worked with is through our church (LDS social services & itsaboutlove.org) is very safe & relatively inexpensive for adoptions. Any other agency we'd easily pay $20k.
I finally came to terms with what the Lord was prompting me to do. I acted on blind faith & researched state adoptions. Well, I found out that there is really not a traditional adoption program through the state without Fostering.
Fostering .... I said to myself ... huh, I never really thought about that. There are no fees associated with fostering to adopt. Before fostering always seemed scary but for some reason I was feeling very comfortable about it. A bizarre peace of mind came over me. Even though I had little knowledge about the program I felt like I was a seasoned foster mother. This decision seemed so natural & easy. Too easy ...
After I brought it up to Brant he mentioned that a former coworker had fostered & adopted infant twins. There were several leads to contact regarding fostering but felt drawn to this couple Brant knew about. We looked up there number & called them.
Wow ... what a source of information & love. I spoke with her for a little over an hour last night. I feel like we have known each other for years!
I called the agency they worked with this morning & left a message. Hopefully we can get this ball rolling quickly. I want to be a momma.
Thank you for all of your thoughts & prayers in our behalf. If it wasn't for those I seriously doubt we would be able to explore this option.
8 comments:
That sounds really exciting! Keep us posted!
Wow, wow, wow! So glad for the update. I know you are being inspired to take this step. Love you!
I know for a fact that you guys will be terrific parents. Sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck in all your endeavors.
Yay for you! I am so glad! You will be approved faster than we can I'll bet, since you already have your home study done. I am so excited! This is something I'll be glad to go through with you!
Sue and I are proud to hear of the news. Out Standing keep us upto date
Yippee! I can't wait for you to be parents! I love you dearly and I am happy that it is all falling in to place for you :0)
Congratulations. My sister and her husband are currently foster parents. There are a lot of things they don't like, but it's with the state rules and stuff like that. You guys probably have some different rules. They asked to have sibling groups and older boys. Right now they have a family of three. Two boys and a girl. It has been both a joy and a trial at times for them, but I think they are enjoying it. I know the kids are really coming a long way, as far as discipline goes. You guys will do great! You have so much love to give, so do what you can. Congrats again, and good luck.
I stumbled upon your site through a search. We are in the same process as you are. We started with LDS and then switched to CPS. We are in the middle of our training and our home study will be done in 2 weeks. We also feel like this is the right thing for us to do. There are so many kids in need! Too bad you don't live in Texas anymore (we are near McKinney)
Post a Comment