Black bird lovers beware, you may not want to read this post.Last week my Mom & I went on a trip to see my living grandparents. I loved hearing new stories from my papaw.
My favorite is from his days of farming 400+ acres of pecan trees. Enjoy this abbreviated pest control story:
Papaw had a problem with black birds eating his crop. One day he found out about about an extremely deadly poison. After learning of it's success he decided to place a few laced pecans out past the orchard thinking he might catch a few birds. Well,he caught a few hundred birds! They died immediately on the scene. How in the world do you dispose of 300 birds without someone noticing? A backhoe of course. Can you imagine having to bury 300 dead black birds? He didn't have a problem with those nasty black birds after that! Yuck!

2 comments:
Um, wow. Way to take matters into your own hands!
I liked this post. :)
Post a Comment