Monday, June 14, 2010

Ahhhhh . . .

Brant & I have been feeling that I need to stop working & take a breather. We were hoping it would help me relax so maaaybe we can get pregnant. I really don't want to get into THAT part of our lives now. However, to put your questions to rest & give an update those that don't know, Brant & I have been through a whirlwind of infertility in the 10 years we've been married. We've tried everything from adoption to an amazing fertility doctor.
Now to get back to the point of this post: Not working has been amazing!!
It's crazy how busy I've been & how quickly my day goes by. It's nice because I feel like I can start to breath now. Apparently I stress myself out more than I thought I did. Brant is so wise.
We had a successful garage sale this weekend. There were actually people waiting, at 7:15am, while we pulled stuff out onto the driveway. We really didn't expect to make much because we didn't have any large items. Boy were we wrong. Most of what we sold were small things. Crazy people actually bought our old post-its & partially used refill bottles of soap! Who would have thought? It was fun & am glad we purged our "box" room. What are we going to do with 3 spare bedrooms upstairs now? Anyone want to visit!?!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so happy you are getting a break! You deserve it!!! I wish I could have gone to your garage sale...I would have fought the people for the soap...probably because I'm betting it was B&B soap. Well, have fun! (Seriously, though!)Love you!

Amy said...

We'll be there in just over a week! I'm sure we can fill up those rooms quickly for you.

Have you guys considered a vacation? Not just not working, but a real, stereotypical vacation? Like to Hawaii or a cruise? I think Brant could use some relaxation, too. :0

Chris said...

Yep we have an amazing vacation planned to a real beach. Brant likes relaxing in his yard & the new color was just what the doctor orderd. It really helped.

Verity said...

Yay for breathers! :) Glad you can relax a little...see you soon!

Amanda said...

So glad you are feeling relaxed;) Don't come near our house....relaxed is NOT what you would feel!

momsheen said...

Ahhhhhhh! I love the relaxed life!! :)

The Yoder's Five said...

Awesome! Are you going to take up painting and artsy stuff again?

Btw, I'm going to have to hit you up for more info on the Sherwin Williams family discount.....

Jessica G. said...

When we were going through our infertility struggles, people would always tell me to "just relax." I felt like screaming back at them "I AM relaxed, dang it!" hehehehe
Glad to hear that you are doing so well!
(And for the person who suggested a cruise, I totally second that! Cruises are amazing and you feel so pampered!)

emblair said...

Oh man, we have a "black hole" room upstairs and I want so badly to be rid of it! But unfortunately someone else is still holding on...

And good for you in the breather department. That's hard to do sometimes!