
So, last week my big brother & I drove through the night to say goodbye to my Grandmother for the last time. We spent a few cherished days with her in New Mexico. The day we had to leave hot-air balloons filled the sky. She is staying in the hospice wing on the top floor in the hospital. There are 2 windows in her room with a beautiful view. Russ & I decided she needed to see it better so we moved her bed away from the wall facing the windows. This picture was her view. What a way to say "I love you, see you later Grandma". I know I will see my precious Grandma again.
6 comments:
I love hot air balloons--I have yet to ever go in one...I'd probably be too scared!
Beautiful sight....and I am sorry about your Grandma.
My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. (((HUGS)))
I'm so glad you got to go out there to see her. Thinking of you!!!
I am glad that you got to go out and say goodbye. I am sorry to hear about your Grandma though.
Oh, Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother! And I'm so glad you got the opportunity to say your goodbyes.
Oh what a sweet post! I can't believe she's finally back with Grandpa...it still seems so unreal to me. I wish I had that special bond with her that you did. I'm so glad you got to go out there to say goodbye!
Post a Comment